In order to improve the knowledge of the population, civil servants and employees of state-owned enterprises in the field of information technologies and develop their skills in e-governance, the e-Government Training and Education Center LLC was established under the Ministry of Communications and High Technologies by Decree No.389 of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Azerbaijan dated 17 December 2015.It was renamed Information and Communication Technology Application and Training Center LLC by Decision No. 292 of the Cabinet of Ministers dated 12 July 2018.
The main building of the center is located in Baku, and there are 16 centers in 14 regions (Ganja, Nakhchivan, Sumgayit, Mingachevir, Barda, Lankaran, Gazakh, Zagatala, Imishli, Gabala, Goychay, Shirvan, Aghdash and Sheki) across the country. Online trainings are conducted in real time for all regional centers through the online education portal (www.e-training.az).
In addition, the education portal iktlab.edu.az organizes free training sessions to improve digital readiness of the population.
The center has international statuses of Cisco Network Academy, CompTIA Academy, Oracle Academy, Microsoft Imagine Academy and Pearson VUE Authorized Exam Centre. The center has an HD multimedia studio, Cisco network academy lab, Microsoft system administration, computer graphics and design labs.
Training in information technology:
- Training in general digital training;
- Professional use of office software;
- System and network administration;
- Computer graphics and design;
- Programming and coding;
- Information security;
E-governance and e-government activities:
- Support the implementation of e-government solutions, improving e-government services;
- Training in the use of e-government solutions and e-signature;
- Establishing cooperation with organizations and individuals involved in training and educational work in the field of information society, e-government and e-governance, and implementing propaganda projects.
Training in corporate relations:
- Project management;
- Corporate quality control;
- Training in finance and taxation.
Trainings in sustainable human resource development:
- Soft skills;
- Training in foreign languages.
- Organization and management of audio, video, multimedia work;
- Preparation of electronic textbooks and video materials.