Information communication technologies are provider of integration to global information space, production, distribution and use of knowledge and data. Today dynamic progress and wide use of ICT is one of the priority issues of socio-economic development and standardization plays a great role in its solution. From this standpoint, there arises necessity of preparation and development of standards based on optimality, transparency, rationality and expediency principles.
With the view of giving impetus to the development of ICT in Azerbaijan, preparation of national standards in accordance with international demands and recommendations, and work regarding expertise, agreement and increasing rationality of their use is carried out by Technical Committee on Standardization “Information Communication Technologies (TC 05)” which was established by a joint order of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies (MCIT) and State Committee on Standardization, Meteorology and Patent in August 2008.Leading public and private companies operating in the country, scientific-educational institutions are TK 05 member countries and Data Processing Center of MCIT acts as its base organization.
By expanding the application of modern technologies in the world experience, formation of e-government is a main means of the improvement of state management system. Arising from this reality, intensive work on application of e-government in Azerbaijan is under way. Creation, integration and providing security of public information systems and resources, which are important parts of E-government, rendering e-services in all levels of state management as well as training professional specialists in this sphere needs creation of relevant standards base. For this reason creation of national standards of information security and information technologies terminology is defined as priority area.
Azerbaijan national standards prepared in the said sphere by TC (05) in accordance with the existing international standards are registered by State Committee on Standardization, Meteorology and Patent and being applied today:
- AZS 419-2010 (ISO/IEC 2382-1) “Information Technologies. Chapter 1. Basic terms.”
- AZS 420-2010 (ISO/IEC 2382-8) “Information Technologies. Chapter 8. Security.”
- AZS 421-2010 (ISO/IEC 2382-9) “Information Technologies.Chapter 9. Data transfer.”
- AZS 422-2010 (ISO/IEC 2382-17) “Information Technologies. Chapter 17. Database.”
- AZS 423-2010 (ISO/IEC 2382-25) “Information Technologies. Chapter 25. Local Networks.”
- AZS 424-2010 (ISO/IEC 2382-27) “Information Technologies. Chapter 27. Office automation.”
- AZS 643-2012 (ISO/IEC 2382- 7:2000) Information Technologies. Chapter 7. Computer programming”,
- AZS 644-2012 (ISO/IEC 2382- 28:1995) Information Technologies. Chapter 28.Artificial intellect- bases, notions and expert systems”,
- AZS 645-2012 (ISO/IEC 2382-34:1999) Information Technologies. Chapter 34.Artificial intellectual neiron networks
- AZS 324-2008 (ISO/IEC 27002-2005) Information Technologies. Security methods. Practical rules for the management of information security
- AZS 325-2008 (x.509) Information Technologies - Open Systems Interconnection - Directory: Public Key Infrastructure Certificate and Attributes
- AZS 356.1-2009 (ISO/IEC 15408-1:2005) Information Technologies. Methods and means of ensuring security. Criteria for assessing the security of information technologies. (Chapter 1)
- AZS 356.2-2009 (ISO/IEC 15408-2:2005). Information Technologies. Methods and means of ensuring security. Criteria for assessing the security of information technologies. (Chapter 2)
- AZS 356.3-2009 (ISO/IEC 15408-3:2005) Information Technologies. Methods and means of ensuring security. Criteria for assessing the security of information technologies. (Chapter 3)
- AZS 492-2010 (ISO/IEC 27005-2008) “Information Technologies – Security methods – Management of Information security risks”
- AZS 493-2010 (ISO/IEC TR 18044-2007) ““Information Technologies – Methods and means of ensuring security– Management of information security incidents”
- AZS 494-2010 (ISO/IEC 27001-2005) “Information Technologies. Security methods. Management systems of information security. Requirements.
- AZS 495-2010 “The location of Azerbaijani alphabet letters on the keyboard depending on the language”
- AZS 496-2010 “The location of Azerbaijani alphabet letters on the keyboard regardless of the language.”
- AZS 497-2010 (ISO/IEC 11770-1) “Information Technologies. Security methods. Management of Keys. Chapter 1: Structure”
- AZS ISO / IEC 27000-2012 “Information technology - Security methods - Information security management systems (IS). Overview & Glossary”;
- AZS ISO / IEC 27003-2012 Information technology - Security methods - how to implement information security management systems;
- AZS ISO / IEC 27004-2012 Information Technology. Security methods. Management of Information Security. Measurement;
- AZS ISO / IEC 27006-2012 “Information Technology. Security methods. Audit of management systems and information security requirements for bodies providing certification”.
- AZS ISO / IEC 27033-1-2012 Information Security. Security methods. Security IT-networks. Chapter 1. Overview & notions”
- AZS IEC 62216-2013 “Digital Terrestrial TV Receiver for DVB-T”Digital Terrestrial TV receiver for AZS IEC 62216-2013 DVB-T system
- AZS ISO / IEC 2382-18-2013 “Information technologies - glossary - Part 18 - Distributed data processing”
- AZS ISO / IEC 2382-20-2013 “Information technologies - glossary - Part 20 – Systems engineering”.