National Certification Services Center
About the project
Creation of the Turn Key Infrastructure will create possibilities whereby the use of e-signature in the Republic of Azerbaijan can be achieved in accordance with existing legislation. Such infrastructure will create possibilities for the use of e-signature in the social and economic fields of the country. The benefits include improving communication with citizens by ensuring the proper identification of users of the new ICT projects and the solution of security-related documentary issues. The National Type-Approval Service Center will provide services for the other type-approval service centers.
Aims of the Project
- The Project aims to achieve a solution to the following issues:
- Creation of an organizational, technical and technological environment to organize the activities of the Type-Approval Services Centers in the country;
- Creation and organization of activities of the Type-Approval Centers in respect of the organization of e-signature systems within the state authorities of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- Organization of the activities of the appropriate Type-Approval Centers managing the use of e-signature by the population and business entities of the Republic of Azerbaijan;
- To regulate mutual relationships among the centers falling under the auspices of the National Centers Systems of the Republic of Azerbaijan and of other centers located in foreign countries.
Components of the Project
- Turn Key Infrastructure is to be established with a hierarchical structure. The Supreme Type-Approval Service Center is located at the base of this hierarchy and issues and registers the e-signature type approvals required for the activities of the other centers to be established.
- The next level of the hierarchy includes the State Bodies Center of same authorities, the E-government Center and further centers to be created.
- SupremeCenter. The functions of the Supreme Center include the granting and supervision of the certification of the centers which are included in the national system. It also defines the policies for the activities of such centers.
- State Authorities Center. The functions of this center include the certification of users for the use of e-signature in state bodies.
- E -government Center. The functions of this Center include the granting and supervision of the certification of businesses and citizens for communication involving e-signature for dealings between them and state bodies.
Possible Applications of the E-signature
- Use of e-documents in government-to-citizen and government-to-business communications;
- Organization of e-services;
- Increased application in e-trade;
- Information relations involving government bodies, citizens and business entities.
Efficiency of e-signature use:
- Enhanced opportunity for e-document circulation;
- Computerization of procedures for clerical work and elimination or minimization of paper-based activities;
- Increased transparency and creation of better possibilities for supervision of documentary work processes;
- Creation of multi-user applications involving the same document;
- More effective compliance with documentary requirements;
- Automation and accelerated preparation of accounts;
- Opportunity for increased use of the information technologies by personnel of the Organization and State Enterprises;
- Facilitating more efficient document archiving systems;
- Organization of online services with increased security;
- Increased effectiveness of management;
- Convenient and faster submission of requests in the correct form to the appropriate bodies by citizens and business enterprises.